View Single Post
Old 2011-05-21, 12:13   Link #112
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
pardon the term, but i think it would be way too "fruity" or "cheesy" if they went in a direction that wasnt dark/thematic.

The series can really go in quite a few directions. I liked Flower's analysis, but it seemed to be possibly a "stretch" given how the ghost-Menma acts.
Actually, given how ghost-Menma acts, Flower's analysis would seem fitting to me. If Flower is correct, then ghost-Menma's crying instantly becomes completely justifiable to even me. You could then say that she's still bearing the psychological scars of household abuse, even if such abuse is no longer held in her memory.

One haunting idea I just now had is that Jinta calling Menma "ugly" in a tsundere moment for him might have had a harsher impact than he thinks, because perhaps Menma's own father made insults like that too her...

Part of me wouldn't want this anime to get this dark, but on the other hand, it would change how I view Menma's character, and probably in a positive way. It would also add greater depth to the drama in this anime, imo.

So, yeah, overall I kind of want Flower to be right in his speculations.