View Single Post
Old 2012-12-21, 18:23   Link #885
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,"
The ''good guy with a gun'' is more like a last resort option at best. If the good guy is at that moment far from the action, he can't do much. If the bad guy take care of shooting the good guy at the start his presence would had been meaninless. If the good guy don't manage to shoot the bad guy with his first shoot, his the strat bullets might injure or kills bystander than we was supposed be protecting.

"Smart guns" show promise, but not readily available on U.S. market
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8BJ18E20121220
Quote:
When Irish gun entrepreneur Robert McNamara learned of the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting, his immediate reaction, like that of most people, was one of horror, shock and sadness. But there was something else, too.

"I was literally pulling my hair out," McNamara said. "I thought, we have a technology that could have helped prevent that massacre."

That technology places a radio chip in a gun handle and a corresponding chip on a ring or bracelet or even implanted in an authorized shooter's hand, McNamara said. If the two chips are not within an inch or two of each other, the trigger will not unlock.
How many school massacres could had avoided if some teens or young adults wouldn't have been able to use their parents weapon to do their deed ?