View Single Post
Old 2012-11-17, 01:52   Link #382
ImperialX
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Oh Haruhi no, not this again. No, drop it. We don't want to get another rehash of this argument, not after what happened a year ago. There are just things one accepts: that in temperate climates there are four seasons, the sun rises in the East and sets in the West, and that Reckoner does not like Rebuild as an idea and as it is executed.

Let sleeping dogs lie. For everyone's sake.
Even after watching anime for 7 years, to this day I still don't get why anyone can praise Evangelion for reasons other than the effect it had on the industry. I am desperate to know why it has such a devoted fan base when I can't even see most of the supposed "merits" of the TV series.

I've asked this question on many different occasions and in many different places, but all I've gotten are lacklustre, irrational responses that are clearly blinded by personal bias. I've always liked Reckoner's pieces of writing and his rants. They're usually very clear and to the point. I'm a moefag, and the instances I disagree with him far outnumber the instances I do agree, but I appreciate his expressive techniques, and I want to hear his thoughts on Evangelion - why the TV series was awesome. I've seen his stance on Rebuild going back some pages, but he didn't talk about why the TV series was a masterpiece.

I mean seriously, is it that bad to hear Reckoner explain why a series is good for a change?

Last edited by ImperialX; 2012-11-17 at 02:20.
ImperialX is offline   Reply With Quote