View Single Post
Old 2011-12-04, 16:00   Link #55
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
What did Shouma tell Ringo back in episode 14? That they couldn't be together because she wouldn't forgive what his family had done to her. But in the end, the one who can't forgive is Shouma himself. It's not coincidence episode 21 begins with Ringo sticking for the Takakura against that reporter. Ringo did forgive, because she chose love above everything else. Himari did too, and so she went after Kanba to save him.

So I disagree. Shouma needs to forgive. His parents did wrong, but they are still his parents. He can't move on until he makes peace with that part of himself. It's not about transcending the past, but rather about accepting it and building upon it.
You can't use Ringo as an analogy, though, because she forgave Shouma, and Shouma didn't do anything wrong. He's not to blame for who his parents were, so I don't think it's a comparable situation.

If anything - and maybe this is picking at semantics a bit - I think what Shouma needs to do is forgive himself. Right now he hates himself because he's his parents son, and that's misguided. I don't think it's a matter of forgiving his parents for murdering hundreds of people - I think it's a matter of forgiving himself for being born, and realizing that he's the who determines what kind of man he'll be and what his worth is - not the name on his birth certificate.