View Single Post
Old 2009-10-08, 03:20   Link #443
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
so 2 questions here. Probably best to just post it here instead of a new thread

first.. whats the translation of this title? ADB doesn't list alterintives.. doesn't umineko mean sea cat or something?

second.. i hear this show is censored to hell. Is there any station/subbers that have an uncut version, or is this mossaic thing i saw the nrom everywhere? if so im holding off for dvds because thats just pathetic.

oh ya, one more question. Is this related to Higurashi/when they cry at all? for some reason i heard it was linked to that somehow. Im d.loading when they cry right now but havent watched it yet
1. The translation of the title is "When the Seagulls Cry". Umineko translates to a specific kind of seagull known as a Black-tailed gull. It's known for it's obvious black tail and it's cat-like call, thus giving it the name Umi (Sea) neko (cat). There's also a group fansubbing Umineko called SEACATS. :P

2. It's not that badly censored (sloppy censoring at times as well), but I'm pretty sure there won't be any uncensored versions of the episodes roaming around until the DVDs come out.

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
The portraits are drawn by someone else :P If Ryukishi could do the art in the portraits then he could do high quality CG, which is obviously not the case.

I can't remember who does the portraits though.
Just imagine if Ryukishi got the portrait artist to draw the in-game sprites and CG scenes too. Extremely unnecessary, but it would have been wonderful eye-candy to go with the ear-candy.