View Single Post
Old 2008-01-31, 00:29   Link #61
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I wholeheartedly agree with nuay.

I'm somewhat of an otaku. I only really started collecting DVDs last year summer, and I'm counting I have 49 boxsets, just ordered one more boxset coming (Utawarerumono), collecting another one by one (Zegapain), and starting another by February (Kanon). Not to mention buying more at a discount (at least a dozen) in an upcoming convention in may.

But people like me are hard to come by even in my area that has a lot of anime fans, much less finding those who's willing to pay those kind of prices (aka. the true otaku).

But I think it's as relentless says. They don't really expect to make a killing, just to make up a bit of extra money. I imagine that if all they ever had to do is to make an english cover and a translation, it won't be much of a header in terms of cost. There exists more hardcore otaku than I am in north america (just haven't personally met any yet I suppose), and at those prices they'll still make a bit of money despite it being passed over by the vast majority of anime fans. And I think that's all they're looking forward to (recouping production cost), I guess.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote