View Single Post
Old 2010-08-15, 03:44   Link #2450
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
By definition, Amaterasu burns anything it touches. The way Kaiten works is the user creates a solid shield of chakra, protecting the user from any attack. However, so far we've only seen Kaiten work against physical attacks such as Taijutsu and weapons. He haven't seen how effective it is against chakra attacks or elemental jutsu. I can imagine something like Rasengan or Chidori would break through the shield. When you really think about it, Kaiten is an enlarged version of the Ransengan but it travels only in one direction, whereas the Rasengan spins in every concievable direction. I would imagine, then, that the Amaterasu would break through Kaiten quite easily by burning right through it.

As for the intuitive abilities of either Doujutsu, the Byakugan is the better tool for understanding someone's emotions through their body language, but it doesn't have the predictive abilities of the Sharingan. the Byakugan can see the flow of chakra much like the Sharingan, allowing the user to act on the movement of chakra in some way. However, the Sharingan allows one to know what their opponent will do even before they do in combat and are able to copy them or react in advance. From an outsider's point of view, the Sharingan gives the user faster reflexes than someone who would be using the Byakugan. The Sharingan tells the user what their opponent will do. A Byakugan user still has to figure that out on their own.
Well I think in terms of kaiten it would depend on the user and how far out they can extend the chakra from their body. I'm theorizing if they can create a strong Kaiten that is a good distance from their body they may be able to survive. At least that is what I'm thinking. You have to remember that Neji's absolute defense was compared to Gaara's absolute defense in terms of strength and I doubt that Neji had the strongest Kaiten in the series at that time.

Last edited by tkdtiger; 2010-08-16 at 10:10.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote