View Single Post
Old 2013-02-02, 12:56   Link #448
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

The trope "Abuse Is Ok When Its Female On Male " is already bad enough. The version I absolutly cannot stand is when the female does a mistake and then just violently blames the male for it, because reasons.

However the worst kind of double standard in anime/manga I know is "Girls are always right because they are girls."
Example: A girl does something stupid. A boy complains about that rightfully. Everyone else get into rage mode how the boy "doesn't consider the girl's feelings" and try to make him look like a villain. If a boy did the mistake instead, everyone would just rage at him.

Well on the other side of the spectrum: The girls become nothing more than glorified "sex-objects". Their only function is attracting readers/watchers. THIS is the part that is probably intended by the authors.

Compared to that, the abused males are just "tacked-on slapstick comedy" that are supposed to divert from the obvious sexism.

I call this whole package "political correct sexism". And that is exactly what 90% of harem Manga/Anime are.