View Single Post
Old 2008-07-16, 13:40   Link #1325
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
No matter what it is called, Geass plays a very important role, and C.C. is the key to that. If we knew everything about C.C. already the whole show would be spoiled, apparently, that's probably why she hasn't had much to do yet. They are saving her for the grande finale. At least that's what I think; it would make sense.
And in this "grande finale" as I like to call it, Kallen doesn't necessarily have a (big) part. After all, what does she have to do with Geass?

I imagine something like this: There is a big war going on and Kallen is fighting, doing her best(dramatically of course, ANIME-.-), while Lelouch and C.C. are somewhere in that...uh.. place wherever V.V. and the emporer are.
I think the main characters are Lelouch, C.C., Suzaku/Kallen and maybe Emporer/Nunally/V.V.. And I don't mean who has the most screen time. No, I mean who is really important.

Lelouch is the main character(duh), C.C. the witch/Geass giver that pretty much started the whole thing and is one of the shows mysteries, Suzaku is the counter part of Lelouch and they have an interesting relationship(friendship+hate), Kallen is the "ace" Knight, the Emporer and V.V. the "bad guys" and Nunally the reason why Lelouch is doing this.

In any way, Kallen may have had more "quantity", but C.C. has more "quality".
Geass may play an important role in the plot, but it is not the only thing in the plot. What constitutes a main character is not merely their place in the plot but also by how much the plot is driven by the character, their impact on other characters through interations and particularly their impact on the main character. So far in R2 C.C's role has been decreased and her impact on anything that is not geass related and particularly Lelouch's character development has been minimal at best.

I am not suggesting that C.C isn't important, but rather that it does not help her chances in the end if her involvement begins and ends with geass and has cut back from meaningful interaction with Lelouch. Of the three female characters, C.C Shirley and Kallen, C.C is the one with the least character development with Lelouch during the pivitol moments of his character in R2.

Also if the only major part that C.C is getting is in this "Grande" finale then it would lack the proper buildup. Saving her for the end is fine for the mysteries that surround her character, although it does get annoying when we are over three quarters into the series and essentially we know little more about her and the contract then we did at the start of season one though that is going to change next episode and I digress, but it still a poor excuse to ignore the development between Lelouch and the other two girls while C.C has been stagnating with little importance to add because the geass plot has not come up yet.

And assuming that she does get romantic development during the next episode as well, we still have Kallen's resolution lingering about that has yet been addressed. With C.C's past possibly being addressed next episode that may well be her part in the geass plot aside from the contract before we get into the Emperor's and V.V's god killing.

Edit: whoops sorry for butting in Var
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote