View Single Post
Old 2011-05-27, 13:44   Link #2231
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Which if it involves dialogue you got to wonder....how the heck do people argue for loads of lines and fight a common enemy that greatly overpowers them at the same time and it translates to just 2 seconds real time....do they have speed talking skill or what...
While the 'best' response would be suspension of disbelief, the correct response is the simple fact that they don't have the time to include every little inner-monologue that the characters would have in those situations. Therefore your choices are either, overlap dialog and action so you can take out two birds with one stone, or pick out what you think is the important dialog and remove the 'filler'. Usually the latter is done without much of a hitch, but sometimes (thankfully rarely) there are less than optimal decisions made by whoever is making that choice, the example that comes to mind for me would be Index II when Accelerator tosses the building, I don't see that it would have taken that much effort to replace the narrator's explanation of the situation in the novel with Accelerator simply stating that he was borrowing the earth's rotation in the show, it worked before with the blood flow reversal in Index I. That was a needless change IMO.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote