View Single Post
Old 2007-05-20, 01:49   Link #1
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Creationism / Intelligent design

Some time ago, I learned that there was this group of people in America, called "Creationists", who claimed that Darwin's evolutionist theory was wrong, and that everything is the work of god, just the way it was written in the bible, letter by letter--even going as far as to state that the universe is only 6000 years old. Now, I thought that they were a minor faction, a mere group of fanatics similar to the Scientology. But that was until I learned about this. My first thought was, "where the hell did they pull so much money from?!". But details aside, I went to this neat little page, Answers in Genesis. Mixed in among things like prayer requests and an online store, there was this little document, if it may be called so, that ignores so many Scientific Method theories and facts that it's just overwhelming.

I know this thread might sound a little strange or out of place, but after browsing around that page, I felt that I needed some place to pour my thoughts in.

OK, to give the thread some topic, I'll ask a question for you Americans, who live much nearer to the center of the matter than me--is Creationism really that influential? Do many people believe in it?

EDIT: I edited the OP--sorry, it was 5 AM when I did this and I couldn't bring together very cohesive thoughts...

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.

Last edited by WanderingKnight; 2007-05-20 at 10:22.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote