View Single Post
Old 2011-08-12, 16:55   Link #23763
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post
I got another question. At the moment probably no one knows what really happed on Rokkenjima except Ryukishi(and Battler lol). But does that answer actually exist?
Well Ryűkishi said that he wrote the whole story once and then wrote the mystification around it. So basically I think a certain amount of truth must exist for him to stay coherent during all those years. Of course Umineko has some bumps here and there...but it'd show much more if he had just written in any direction.

If that means that he actually wrote THE truth or if he just invented several "what if scenarios" that are all equally possible...I think we'll never know unless somebody forces him to say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Or Higurashi made him super fucking famous and after basking in that glow he became a stuckup ass. If the arrogant thing was supposed to be part of the experience then that just confirms my view that Death of the Author needs to be applied to Umineko because he's just detracting from his own novel.
I wouldn't say so, he basically was "our Beatrice" and I think he played that role quite well. He even admitted in some interviews that he wouldn't be surprised if people saw him as a stuck up kinda guy, especially after how he behaved in most of the things he released on Umineko. I think the battle spirit got to him as well.
And admit it everyone, who wouldn't like playing a role like Beato (EP1-4 that is) once in your life?!
I found it entertaining, because I'd rather have an author who appears to be full of himself than somebody who obviously wavers at everything the readers say. In the end Umineko-Ryűkishi was a mixture of both...but at least it didn't show that much during Umineko's run. Basically my position is: "Why the heck do I need to like an author to enjoy his work?"

And he even said that he wanted to return back to being modest for his next releases...which I don't know why we shouldn't believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura
Fair play does however imply that we had a fricking chance to reason things out before arc 8 came out, or at least arc 7, and in my pov this is where most of your theories entirely fails. Like saying we waste our time for a year and a half before it came out.
But I'd really like to ask you, what points of the mystery exactly were impossible to reason towards?!
I'm not asking about the chances being slimmer or broader than your average mystery novel, I'm talking about things that were actually impossible to infer, reason or guess before EP7 and 8 came out?
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote