View Single Post
Old 2009-07-07, 03:22   Link #441
Nevflinn

Sorry for taking so long on this one: I got confused by how you quoted your reply and didn't actually see your remarks for a while.

Quote:
Well I have to say here is really that is your own personal choice and I also believe that whole arrogant, self-conceited idiot part - that's pure speculation and I am not sure if you even understand the definition of an arrogant or conceited person; it sure does not seem like you do - and if you do it's a weak understanding. - Friendly point.
Pure speculation? Are you trying to say that Light wasn't insane or egotistical?

Quote:
Well obviously Light/Kira had to have some trust in people (Misa for one, or even Ryku). I mean didn't Light even say he gave Ryku the death after L's death to go find somebody who is trusting and shares the same ideals as Light? So Nev, it seems you're wrong here because Light did have some trust into people but he also did have the skill of manipulation and within that trust he used it perfectly.
Just because it looked like a co-operative effort on the exterior does not mean that it actually was deep down. He didn't have to do a thing on his end to get Misa to do what he wanted, and Ryuk only did what very little he did (what did he do again?) to keep the game going.

Quote:
I am not quite sure what you're missing here Nev but listen closely. Light did have trust into Mikami, he always complimented him, maybe you should re-watch them episodes. Light had the only relationship he could have with Mikami, what more else do you want? Them to go out for coffee and discuss their plans? Come on everything was perfect, Mikami made a mistake an easy one because he thought Kira couldn't act and so Mikami acted for him - now it was against the rules Light commanded but Mikami thought it was the right move. Nothing to do with trust, just mistake and a misread.
He complimented him like a servant who kept the game going, when in reality Mikami was more than that beyond Light's impressions.
What would have proven that Light could find it in himself to trust someone would be to put himself on a mental position of equality, or even inferiority to someone else - to show that he was willing to give. That was something Light never did and would never allow himself to do due to his personal flaws; because of the person he became after discovering the death note.

That is also, from my view, where the mistake and misread were made possible, and why Light lost.

Quote:
Mikami was an idiot because he went against Light's orders which in conclusion cost Mikami and Light their lives. So yes, I stand by my claim - Mikami is an idiot.
So I do have to repeat myself after all. Gotcha.

"
Look at it this way before being so harsh on Mikami: what if Light hadn't been able to sit in the back of the car on the way to "arrest" Takada?

That twist of chance would mean Light could not kill Takada in time. That raises two possible outcomes, leaving everything to depend on Mikami. He could either go to the bank as he should have and kill Takada (the important fact that is overlooked here is that Light had told Mikami he was unable to move, among the few things he divulged to him that he should have), or stay back and do nothing.
In the event of the former, then Gevanni him having balls of steel and whatnot trails him and locates the real Death Note anyway, but Light may possibly realise that Mikami had killed Takada and tries his best to readjust the plan. In the event of the latter, Takada lives and the Death Note paper is found, and Aizawa would have enough proof of Light's doings and arrest him.

The point that I either did not convey appropriately or you simply overlooked was that Light could not have possibly asked for a better ally than Mikami. He thought like Light, he felt like Light, and he was smart and loyal enough to be his apprentice. Yet Light used him as a pawn instead of a partner: the very same way he treated everyone. It was difficult for them to communicate, but they communicated through Takada - that was time enough for Light to talk enough with him. Yet he did not use it, most likely because he didn't respect anyone enough to treat them on even footing."

Quote:
Mhm Mhm plausible, however, do you really think everyone knew about their meeting? My guess is no, I believe just the two parties knew about this. So if Light does or is able to kill majority of them then guess what - he still has a chance.
He has a chance, yes, if he's able to kill all of them, even though he'll have to do a lot of work to clean up the crime scene so there's no link back to him. The problem is that it's impossible for him to kill even a single one.

Quote:
lol, Fallacy.
I just gave my opinion on it. I don't see why I can't - it's what I've been doing since the start.

Quote:
Thanks pal.
You're welcome.

Last edited by Nevflinn; 2009-07-07 at 10:38.