View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 14:01   Link #8
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

After finally watching episode one (which I avoided for multiple reasons), I have to agree based on that episode that not only are relationships underdeveloped and character growth rejected but they're avoided completely.

An example: Shu meets Inori in his house(?), they eat; but they don't really communicate. She isn't listening to him. But when he tries to communicate afterward, he doesn't try hard enough. Then we jump right to "take it to Gai." Then, after it is revealed (at the time) that she's a criminal and is taken away, Shu immediately decides to take her precious robot to Gai because he wants to be stronger (or reliable). All within that short amount of time without much thought on the consequences of the actions. He doesn't even know a thing about her. At most, I'm inclined to say he has a crush on her, considering he's a fan of hers.

Overall, the characters seem underdeveloped to me. Regardless, I like Inori's character a bit for the quiet and straight-to-the-point demeanor she has. I could do without Shu. But Gai is a sweet character.

I hope to see more as I watch the rest of the episodes. But I doubt my opinion will change about this aspect or Shu in overall rating. For now, I'll just leave it up in the air.