View Single Post
Old 2012-03-22, 16:42   Link #9
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sostrander View Post
I usually actually cry at the end of series, and I cried so hard at the end of ToraDora!'s, although it was such a happy ending.
I think that's wonderful. It takes something very emotionally evocative to move me to tears, but it does happen, and that always makes the series very memorable in my mind. I'm past the point where every series I watch affects me greatly, but the ones who make an impact, I'm always very sad to see to, and that might leave me a little depressed afterwards, pining for more.

When I watch something amazing, something engrossing and sublime, I often find that I need a little break from anime afterwards. In the aftermath of viewing something of that magnitude, I tend to get the feeling that nothing I'll watch can live up to what I just saw. As a nice side effect, it gives me some time to reflect and think about what I just watched, cementing it in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sostrander View Post
Azumanga Daioh (I haven't seen the anime yet, is it good?
I've only read a little bit of the manga, but the anime I find to be absolutely delightful. One of my absolutely favorite comedies, with charm, warm characters, pleasant visuals and unforgettable humor. It's generally highly regarded and viewed as somewhat of a classic by the anime community at large, so I'm sure you won't be disappointed.