Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-05, 18:01   Link #2380
ArturEngel
Kiririn's minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Interesting. Sad, but interesting.

Sometime ago I wondered to myself "If the anime industry wants to get more people buying BD/DVDs, why not just air a few episodes on TV and make the rest of the series BD/DVD-only? Hook people in with a few good TV episodes and then basically say 'If you want to see the rest, you'll have to buy the BDs.' Some fans may backlash, but I could see it causing more people to spend money on BD/DVDs. "

I wonder if the anime industry is heading this way. I mean, it's not like they're legally obligated to show the full series on TV. Heck, for most late-night anime, the TV episodes are just glorified infomercials for the BD/DVDs anyway.

Anyway, while I find this interesting, I hope the anime industry doesn't go this way. It would suck if the Achiga-hen/Kokoro Connect approach was to become more widespread, meaning we'd have to wait several months longer before getting to watch the "full story".
Well, i personally don't see any drama in that trend. I mean, those, who really liked the show, would propably buy the BD/DVDs in any case. So why not offer some cool stuff, that makes their product more attractive?

And there are also these companies, that air anime. Don't they have kinda schedule, so they couldn't show more than 13-26 episodes, do they?
ArturEngel is offline   Reply With Quote