Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 16:58   Link #414
Arya

I just re-watched the episode and I was a bit too harsh to Aoki. And the fake confession was a great idea and I bet it was Aoki's Inaba reaction was really sharp anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Maybe I've seen too much House but when a guy kicks himself as hard as possible in the nuts just to help someone else I think by that point you have a problem. And I do hope it is a problem because honestly it's kind of boring that it's only the girls that's having emotional problems while the guys seem perfectly normal.
Well, so far it seems that girls will have deeper issues and boys will be involved in the process. From one side it would be realistic, sort of, as Aoki as already said depicting himself. Girls are indeed more reflective, boys more carefree and clueless. But it's a bit early to be sure about that. And I agree that it would be a bit unfair.

About Taichi selflessness I don't know if it will be a problem or his main problem. A hypothesis is that he will follow, willingly or unwillingly, Inaba's designed path to Iori due to his selflessness alone, despite what he really want is somewhere else. A bit predictable. But it depend on how much Inaba is reliable on her judgment about Iori's weakness. I was taking it for granted (inaba reliability), even if she admitted she could be wrong on the bodyswitching bad effects. The way Iori has been shown so far should confirm that, but I'm not so sure now. Iori could be the strong one and Inaba the "weak". Because from another perspective Inaba statements on Iori weakness and taichi freakness fit quite well her character, too. Like she was mirroring her weakness on them.
Well, anyways whoever will be the stronger or the weaker I'm enjoying the ride and it's a good sign.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote