View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 06:18   Link #2040
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I think there's quite a unanimous opinion that the story sucks... Blizzard hasn't been able to cook up a good story for a while and some things might as well be considered references to their other games just to throw a positive spin on things, since it's just that bad.

But like SC nobody cares about it, it's all about the gameplay; albeit in D3 on the singleplayer side rather then the multiplayer side in SC. The only stories I give a damn are the lore books, a small side stories that you have to work to find. The Lord of Goats one was my favorite so far. They should have just had way way less main character pampering and just scattered story pieces for you to find in the world (and yes I know they hide a book after each quest). The quest stories are also a great improvement on the questing system.
The thing is that Blizzard just simply does not give a shit about single player. You can see their AI for their RTS games-- it's awful and they put zero effort into it. I mean the Brood War Terran AI doesn't get siege mode against other terran. I think that really displays how many fucks they give.

Sure the campaigns were kinda fun but they're still closer to the mindless kind. It's kinda lame, but it came full circle when they didn't support modding in D3. Yea, it kinda sucks, but their focus has long been multiplayer ever since the birth of battle.net

The Diablo series has always been about fast paced hack and slash, getting gear, and screwing up with other people. It was never meant to be deep aside from on the fly tactics, a few preplanned equipment lists and some boss strats. Diablo III is no more and no less, but removed a lot of the exploits of its previous entries which makes it a fine entry to its own series.

And to what extent? Well, most players skip the story part anyways.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote