View Single Post
Old 2013-09-07, 12:26   Link #31
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by JShaggy View Post
If it was being marketed as "a reality show of despair" this whole time, you would think that some kind of waiver or pre-clearance form would have been signed prior to enrollment at Hope's Peak, with or without the knowledge of the student, that wouldn't make the school liable for what was going on inside.

It's a shame they killed Mukuro off after just one episode, but something just doesn't seem right when looking at her corpse. I would give my thoughts about some observations I made (as a first time viewer), but to avoid getting into trouble again later, I will just say I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what the remaining students managed to uncover in the next classroom trial.
It's not as simple as entertainment, if that were the case than the deaths and executions that happened until now would be totally unacceptable. It's safe to say that this broadcast that Monokuma had been doing had been in the works behind the scenes without the school being unknowingly involved. I mean, why would a school that symbolizes "hope" would want to sentence their students to death with cruel and illogical intentions. It sort of defeats the "hope" aspect, but unless the school board and headmaster are cruel and antagonist, than we can take that into retrospect, but the whole two year thing Monokuma mentions sort of erased my doubts on that matter.

I'm glad I wasn't the only thinking that. It sucks they killed an essential importance character, but when I saw her corpse I had an epiphany of sorts. I'm going to check the first 3-4 episodes again, just to clarify my doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I will not lie. I -love- subversions. I love the sensation of expecting something, and then having something completely different happen. Here, the mysterious sixteenth student being foreshadowed as a major endgame player, a dangerous individual, the mastermind's trump card, or possibly the mastermind themselves.

...And during their debut episode, they show up as a corpse. Or not.
That's what I found to be really disappointing since it's safe to say that she's an essentially importance characters as she's linked to Monokuma, the school, and the whole Mankind Malefaction in some way.

To suddenly kill her off without so much as getting a clarification of her goals and plans is like ie. Making a cool and important main or side character from a first season of a show or whatever and killing him off just for the shock and twist value. Bad analogy, I know, but I hope you can see where I'm going with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
Then what about Monokuma? How does Kirigiri or whoever control it at all times? If a student is behind Monokuma, any slip up thus far for you to tell its true gender?
It's apparent that Monokuma can't monitor and go into the act at the same time. When Makoto distracted him so that Kirigiri can access the second floor dormitory pretty much proves that point. Also she tested that theory last episode when she called out Makoto to the Data Processing Room only to show up moments later.

Also there's that weird Monokuma door in the said room used to monitor the students, but the said bear wasn't there when the door was opened. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.