View Single Post
Old 2010-12-19, 20:43   Link #19
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I think this is indeed a Good Ending, though I see why it isn't the "True" one.

One thing that really came through in this episode is that Kyousuke and Kirino are both so alike in their stubbornness. The fact that they're related is so totally obvious from their conversation -- whenever they have to be honest or vulnerable, they each put up this total front. Note also that when Kirino was doing her big "it's none of your business" speech, it matched almost exactly the way Kyousuke did his "This party is totally suspect" speech last episode (check particularly the tone of voice). And the reason they get mad at each other is that they both can't get over their own pride and be honest (inherited from their father? )

The laptop falling and clicking the choice was way too convenient, but it got the point across perfectly. If they'd both just cool their heads and have an honest conversation, they wouldn't need to have this sort of fight since what Kirino wants is, by now, pretty damn obvious. (She just wants to be with her Onii-chan~! ) Showing Kirino sad and lonely in that picture in the past is no accident either.

The fact that Kirino actually did cancel the trip is... rather surprising, actually. She... caved? And it's extremely obvious to both of them that it was all for Kyousuke's sake, and they're both happy with that. So it's sort of a "life goes on" ending, but with Kyousuke and Kirino having something of an understanding of each other. As an "alternate ending", and an ending to the TV airing, it makes sense... but it's really clear that this isn't all there is to say.

(Also, I noted that the conversation with Saori clears up some of the missing pieces that people were wondering about after last week, so that's useful too. Knowing that this departure was pending really clears up Kirino's "sudden change of heart"; she was running out of time, and was starting to have regrets and second thoughts.)