View Single Post
Old 2009-04-28, 19:43   Link #11
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlostur View Post
So far, I don't like him...

He's too carefree, too laid-back to be a squad commander. He needs to be more take-charge, more determined and more authoritative. I don't think I would follow a commander like him in a war. He should be traveling from place to place, looking at plants and animals instead of leading a military squad.

I haven't played the game, so I can't make any comparison there, but so far in the anime his character is not very impressive.
You are in fact, very right on the accusations you made about him.

Yet, to be fair, he did not want to be in the position forced upon him, that is none other than being a platoon leader. Yes, he'd much prefer to travel from place to place, looking at plants and animals instead of joining a military. Unfortunately, shit happens, and things you don't want to often come flying at you.

But, just because he is laid back does not mean he isn't thinking. He has proven to be a good strategist, even if he had proven to be less-than-conventional. Of course, to me, a good commander is one who can have his men undergo difficulties while survive the ordeal. That is enough for me.

- Tak (Yang Wen-Li, anyone?)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.