View Single Post
Old 2011-04-16, 09:19   Link #1163
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And how does doing the two final episodes back to back next week sound?
After thinking it over...I really like this idea. Though it does mean I have to get to that last commentary soon...orz

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I'm beginning to think that THORA's reputation for excellent translations is somewhat overstated. ^^
You have no idea.

IIRC, they just take some group's work and edit it: no idea how good at Japanese their checker/editor is. Then again, most of the misses have been a matter of interpretation (or not worth a mention), so it's possible that they just weren't fans enough to actually want to understand the series thorougly.

Quote:
I feel I must comment on this at least once: The new opening of the show has amazing quality. I did not like the original titles, but these ones... I very seldomly skip them when seeing those episodes.
It's Kawamori himself that you should praise for that.

Quote:
- Good table manners apparently weren't high on Graces schedule when teaching Sheryl. You can almost see Altos thought process of "I got to teach her to use chopsticks sometime soon". ^^
Perhaps Grace and Sheryl always ate Western style? You know how Japanese people always don't expect us Westerners to be able to use them ("Wow, you're good at using chopsticks!" etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
I believe more that Alto did not read the notes because Sheryl came back to concious that moment and uhm. after their bla bla they made love > no time to read mails
Yoshino apparently confirmed this in an interview, that Alto didn't have time to read it until later (Animedia Animage, Aug 2009).

Wish I could get confirmation from someone, because he had a few interesting things to say about the final episodes...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-04-16 at 10:18.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote