View Single Post
Old 2012-09-19, 21:01   Link #30695
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork Chimera View Post
Put in purple were wyou wrote the point I was trying to make. Cuz I like purple, no particular reason. Battler can forgive judas for all I care, but his reasons and reactions are so messed up is not funny. That's what I was trying to say. Where did that line of thought engendrated, Battler?
Yeah, I knew what your point was. What I was saying is that that interpretation of Battler doesn't make any sense and is contrary to his characterisation, and that thus, it probably isn't what actually happened. Battler's reaction pretty much only makes any sense if Beatrice/Yasu is not the culprit in Rokkenjima Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
I'll need to reread Ep 2 because i don't remember this then.
Maybe it's this bit?

Quote:
It was Kanon.

......His breath was feeble, ......and the puddles of mud he left quickly became drenched bright-red.
When Nanjo held him and turned him face up, there was a deep, gruesome scar right in the center of his chest, as though a spear or something had been stuck there.

Even now, deep-red blood poured out from there...!
I'm not sure. It does mention a scar, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork Chimera View Post

It's all about Yasu. The last games are all about whydunnit. So, to remark the gargantuan importance of whydunnit in a novel that's all about the heart, obviously you'd have to write everything about the culprit's thoughts and feelings to drive home the importance of why. You know, justify a little the neverending made-me-want-to-tear-my-hair repetitions of "Without love, you cannot see it(it being the motive)"

Then you say 'The crime wasn't her fault/she didn't do it'. I got confused there. So EP7 was just the maid's sob story, and the real culprit is still in the shadows or lost in between lines about conspiracies and grudges? Were's the heart? Oi, really. Or I'm slow or something fishy happened there.

I really liked Ep7. It was soothing, creepy and entertaining. I don't want to lower the merit of one of my favorites by believing that Yasu is completely innocent and it was all a misunderstanding.
The strange thing about Ep7 is that although it went into depth about Yasu, what it never did was give her a decent motive for killing everyone. During the time we focused on her past, she definitely didn't seem like someone who could commit a murder. And then, we simply aren't shown what happened to her later on, during the time when she would have had to be planning to kill everyone. Supposedly, she was driven to it by various things that happened to her, but we never saw the most critical time period.

So...why, in a game which is all about Yasu, aren't we shown her motive for killing everyone? It looks as if you're satisfied with ep 7 as motivation for a culprit Yasu. But I'm really not satisfied with it at all. It's as if the "whydunnit" was deliberately omitted. Yasu is someone who can't manage to make a phone call to Battler, who doesn't want revenge and only blames herself (going by all the reds about Beatrice and what Beatrice says in ep 8, etcetera - although it's arguable she secretly wants some revenge against Battler), and yet...who is willing to murder everyone? Even if saying that actually she did want revenge against Battler, she didn't seem like a person who would kill all of his family - also her family - in order to do so.

The only Yasu culprit theory I can see support for is the one where she chooses to lock Rokkenjima up in a cat box for all of time so that all of her loves can be realised. But problem is, I don't think she's capable of murder, and even if she was, that motive would boil down to "Yasu did it because she's insane". Which is an unsatisfying motive for a culprit.

All this does lend itself to questioning whether she ever really developed a motive to kill. Ryukishi may have left out showing her deciding to do the murders because that never happened. It's still rather unsatisfying; I really want to know what happened during that time, whether she's a murderess or not.

...Agh. I wanted to write more about the "heart" of the story, but I've got to go now. Anyway, what if the "without love it can't be seen" thing was not talking about Yasu's motive to kill, but instead partially referring to her not being the culprit? Or even to there being no actual culprit for Rokkenjima Prime?
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote