Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 04:48   Link #2621
Felyndiira

I predict that Suzu will get one high-point hand, but will still be crushed by the other three teams. Also, I would like to put three Bison dollars on Hiroe trying to save her team again and recover some points in a epic clash against Hisa, thus not tarnishing her image as the fifth placer in the inter-highs, but Himematsu still getting rolled in the semi-finals.

I would definitely love for Yuuki to come out ahead for once. Her character has grown so much since the start of the manga - from getting completely messed up by a slight strategic play (even in the east round) to someone that could easily become a star player on almost any other team save maybe Shirotodai/Rinkai. It's really kinda sad to see her improve so much, become one of the better players in the inter-high, and then still get shot down not because of her own weaknesses, but because she's now facing absolute monsters on Saki's level rather than Jun or Nanpo.

My prediction, though, is that either Satoha gets the early lead, or Usuzan shows us exactly what makes them such a feared first-year team and snatches first place away from Satoha. Yuuki will end up with a net positive score, but still won't quite be in the lead. All of the points will, of course, be paid from Suzu's coffers.
Felyndiira is offline   Reply With Quote