View Single Post
Old 2011-10-27, 07:30   Link #1
larethian

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru [Light Novel]

This discussion thread is intended for "Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru (a.k.a OreShura)" Light Novel series only! Remember to use Spoiler Tags when appropriate. And don't forget to indicate the content of your post (e.g. vol #, ch #).

About:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-Tsuki
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru (俺の彼女と幼なじみが修羅場すぎる) literally "Too Much Mayhem Between My Girlfriend and Childhood Friend", Oreshura (俺修羅) for short, is a Japanese light novel series written by Yuuji Yuuji (裕時 悠示), and illustrated by Ruroo (るろお). The first volume was published by SoftBank Creative under their GA Bunko imprint in February 2011. The series has sold over 100,000 copies as of June 2011.

A manga adaptation by the same name drawn by Nanasuke started serialization in the June 2011 issue of Gangan Joker. A spinoff manga, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru + H (俺の彼女と幼なじみが修羅場すぎる+H), drawn by Inase Shinya (稲瀬 信也) based on scenarios provided by Yuuji Yuuji, and also a 4-koma, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru 4-koma (俺の彼女と幼なじみが修羅場すぎる4コマ), written and drawn by Marimo, started serialization in Young Gangan, October 10, 2011.

A drama CD has also been released by HOBiRECORDS on July 29, 2011. A volume 2 of the drama CD will be launched in October 28, 2011.

Additionally, an irregular internet radio program, Shuraraji, hosted by Saito Chiwa, is streamed by HOBiRECORDS.
Synopsis of Volume 1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-Tsuki
A cute childhood friend who's like a little sister to me. Chiwa.

"No way no way! Definitely no way! I will never let someone like you go out with him!"

A silver hair, rich girl who came back from abroad. Masuzu.

"Oh, is this something that can be decided by a childhood friend?"

--- Oh my, how did it come to this!?

Even when I was hoping for a peaceful school life, in order to protect the < secret > I share with Masuzu, I was forced to become her boyfriend!

Exploding with jealousy, Chiwa yelled.

"I shall also become popular!"

The scheming Masuzu smiled.

"Then, how about having us help you?"

Getting embroiled into this plight of helping Chiwa to make a boyfriend, what will be my fate!?

-- A "Flowers In Both Hands? No Love X Love Comedy!" brought to you by Yuuji Yuuji X Ruroo --
Novel Cover Illustrations:
Spoiler:

Extra Info::
Shuraba is a noun that originally refers to the place where Ashura and Taishakuten fought, and used to refer places where serious bloodshed has occurred, and these days colloquially in Japan, it is also used as both a noun and adjective to describe mayhem, chaos, etc. etc. A verb form Shuraba-ru (godan verb) also exists.
I have included some examples of usage of Shuraba in Japanese for people unfamiliar with this form of usage, presented in the same way it is used in the title (research credited to Doraneko):
Spoiler for examples with liberal translations:

Here's the current 2ch discussion thread (combined with the author's other work: Rururu):
http://kamome.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/...1321828750/l50

A teaser is available on baka-tsuki.

This is a RabuKome (love comedy), and the author has proclaimed that this will be something very mainstream, so you know what you're in for and don't need to look for a mind-blowing plot with mecha or growing fantastic powers. Some people have compared this to Mayo Chiki!, but since I haven't read Mayo Chiki!, I can't comment on that and will advise you to take it with a pinch of salt due to the differing number of volumes released. Well, despite the fact that it's very mainstream, I find the comedy to be satisfying and a charm to the flow of the story, even though there are harem components, and even when I seldom read harem stories.

For a start, the protagonist is actually:
Spoiler:
And from the flow of the story, this seems to be more of a romance story going somewhere, even when girls are getting added in successive volumes. Enough of my views for now, I will be doing a review on BT blog and summaries of the volumes here when I have the time. Cheers.

Last edited by larethian; 2011-12-02 at 00:44.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote