View Single Post
Old 2011-02-21, 05:17   Link #521
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'll go out on a limb and assume that a lot of people are getting headaches reading this thread so, for convenience, I'll summarize the issues being discussed in a friendlier and more civil manner. I'll also bring it up later again when we get more episodes.

1. Are the (soon to be wrecked?) lives of a few girls worth the potential of saving the lives of countless others? This might have a gray area, but in the end is a yes or no question, and as to why one thinks that way. I am myself undecided.

2. Are QBs methods justifiable given two diametrically opposing issues of a) The Contract formation has the capacity to save the lives of others; and yet b) his methods are morally and ethically questionable by human standards. Again the possibility of a gray area, and maybe reconciling the two by having one justify the other may exist depending on your viewpoint. I lean towards a "no" answer, though not yet fully convinced.

3. Who possesses the higher degree of culpability for the fucked up shit the MGs have gotten themselves into? a) The MGs for having a hand in screwing up their lives being directly responsible for their actions and eventual fates for themselves and others; or b) QB for what could be argued is his degree of deceit and amorality in dealing with the girls and the power he has given them; or maybe even c) A mixture of both, therefore no single entity receives all the blame. At least this one has a gray area to choose from, of which I am inclined to put myself in.

4. Is the "good" or "bad" things of being an MG a) Intrinsically tied to the wish and its result; or b) More a result of what the MGs do with their new found power? I am, actually, more inclined to believe the latter, as I have yet to see a direct "bad" to result from choice a. That could easily change though.

So I'm still neutral. Or maybe I could just blame both sides (and thus earn the ire of Triple, Kaijo and Mentar ). Either way it would be best to at least try and distill the current debate in this thread into something simpler for all of us to understand, even those not actively participating.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote