View Single Post
Old 2011-08-15, 18:37   Link #178
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
There's an interview that came out a few days ago, and thanks to 飞鸟·阿尔契亚@TB I was able to get a decent translation of the key points.

Couple Things:
  • Horizon is the final choice among the various candidates that Sunrise's 8th studio wanted to do.
  • Reason being that they wanted to produce a never before seen animated genre of light novel that other companies can't do. There are definitely difficulties, but they are aiming at a tall goal.
  • People who love battle and action would like this (among its various selling points).
  • The studio wanted to keep to the original as close as possible.
  • Production is going well as 1st season (woot! reconfirming two seasons are planned)'s scenario's already done, as well as half the work that are shifting to the animation phase.
  • They're working to their limits; the time spent and quality are both high, hoping to "wow" people when they see the completed work.
  • The Fall season has many epic series, and the director believes that this anime should be among one of them; "[I] feel like I mustn't lose".
  • The original work is already above standard, therefore the animation should be too.

My intention of posting this hopefully people will give this a chance before passing it off as a fanservice based story (like all my other posts!!!). Since people who are turned off by the trailers probably won't be following this thread anyway, so spread the words! I personally think the series is going in a good direction if the director (and therefore the team) is awared of the competition (ex: powerhouses like Fate/Zero and LastExile), and it's nice he's keeping his "battle spirits" high.

Obviously the interview is to promote the series, not everything should be taken at face value, but people should try at least 3-4 episodes (given the series' expected length) before passing this as another IS—though obviously enjoying the two together for the same reasons is A-ok too~
I was kind anticipating something like this. Sunrise rarely aims for small goals, but the promo art so far kind of gives an impression that they were this time. They must have thought so too which is probably why they talked about this in order to further reassure people. Consider me reassured
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote