View Single Post
Old 2011-09-14, 07:48   Link #7
kitten320

Your taste seems to be similar to mine, I also like action with cold weapons and not big fan of Mecha. Let's see...

The first thing that came to mind is Baccano!. It fits perfectly, has action and comedy. Does involve some guns but over all it is more fists to fists fights.

Never watched One Piece but Fairy Tail is compared to it a lot.

Not big fan of Air Gear but it reminded me of Bleach which involves swords. Not big fan of Bleach but first 100 episodes were real good in my opinion.

Claymore is all about sword fighting and action, not so strong with comedy though.

D.Gray Man is a nice action/comedy series but it involves super powers more. But their weapons are all unique, one does use sword.

Fate/Stay Night is a nice action anime with cold weapons involvement, some super powers too. But I think you will like it. There is also a movie with alternative story and soon a prequel will be released.

FMA are great action series with bunch of humour. Mostly super powers but some hand to hand combat is also there. Has two seasons, each with different story (they are not sequels). Everyone has their own fave, I like both seasons.

Ga-Rei Zero has some good sword action and comedy along with drama. Does have some supernatural stuff.

Hakuouki is not the best show but it does have some nice sword action since it is all about samurais.

Inuyasha
is not a bad show with humour and action. Has super powers but also sword action.

Samurai Champloo is a unique anime with bunch of sword action and humour.

Sengoku Basara is a comedy/sword action. Does seem a bit supernatural sometimes.

Soul Eater is a comedy/action series with super natural powers and cold weapon action.

Sword of the Stranger is a movie with great sword action.