View Single Post
Old 2012-11-11, 11:07   Link #11110
Sol Falling

No reason a lady can't be hot for her little brother, lol. Not that I would take Ajimu x Kumagawa particularly seriously.

As for the way Ajimu treated Kumagawa in that message, I don't think it necessarily had anything to do with liking him or trolling him or anything, lol. Moreso it ultimately seems like she's just talking down to him, because she knows that things are going to happen soon at Hakoniwa Academy, and she's going to make Kumagawa go there, regardless of his feelings/intentions. Although Kumagawa might put up resistance, ultimately there's not even a question of whether he'll obey her--because he's Kumagawa, and she's Ajimu. Although Ajimu might talk about having "expectations" for Misogi, those expectations are about what Kumagawa can do for her, as her pawn, or her chess piece--not about whether he can achieve his own goals, or his own happiness.

However, at the same time, I think she probably does believe the things she says about rooting for him, or believing that Kumagawa is suited to be a leader, etc. That she would be glad if he won, that it'd be good for everybody. It's just that compared to Kumagawa's loser curse/destiny, Ajimu's transcendental/'stand above everything' curse/destiny is even stronger. So we could say that while Ajimu roots/wishes for Kumagawa to win, because she has already proven that she could easily make him win if she supported him with her powers, there would be no meaning in her helping him. For her own sake, Kumagawa trying meaninglessly to win on his own would be more useful. So she ultimately uses Kumagawa as a pawn, and given that one of Ajimu's principle features is her cynical understanding of the reality behind everything, she fully expects Kumagawa to lose.

Under this understanding, then, rather than saying that Ajimu likes Kumagawa or is trolling him with that message to him, I'd rather just take the practical route and say that she's manipulating him. Everything she says is manipulation aimed at making Kumagawa react in the way she wants/needs him to. Because manipulation itself, and treating her world like an artificial/fictional reality that she can change however/whenever she wants to, is just what Ajimu does--up until her attempted suicide.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2012-11-11 at 11:22.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote