Thread: What is Gundam?
View Single Post
Old 2006-08-07, 08:04   Link #13
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
im sure if the producers didnt limit Fukuda and his wife
Err... Did you live under a rock in the last year and missed out on all the news concerning Fukuda's wife?

There was no limit from producers, that was just a rumour. Fukuda got screwed BY his wife (in the non-sexual sense) and nearly Crashed & Burned GSD because of it. Just ask the production staff.
(It's amazing how overdue scripts can ruin everything. It's just unprofessional for the chief scriptwriter to hand her scripts in late.)

Could there be some influence from Bandai? Sure. But thus far the major failings of GSD had nothing to do with them. Fukuda was barely able to keep the show afloat as it was, so it is unlikely Bandai will shoot themselves in the foot by demanding sudden and dramatic changes mid-production. The issue from Bandai wasn't "We want to sale XYZ gundam, can you give it more screentime?", but was instead "Another filler episode? Are you sure there is enough time remaining to have an ending that wasn't a laughingstock and ruin our reputation? Are we going to be able to sell ANY GS Destiny models at all?"

Here is a nicely written post by WingDarkness on this subject that I have taken a liking to. I generally don't agree with most things proposed by WD, but his posts have a certain special flavour that I have yet to learn to duplicate.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=201

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-08-07 at 08:20.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote