View Single Post
Old 2010-05-24, 18:18   Link #10582
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Well, the Beatrice magic scenes all seem to follow the magic=lies pattern. In other words, it seems as though false things can be shown to the reader if all witnesses claim that it was true. In my Battler-centric theory, false things can be shown as long as Battler would claim that it's true by the game's end. However, I don't think it makes sense to just say "fake scenes exist, therefore any scene can be fake". There has to be some kind of mechanism for determining what's true and what's false or there's no point in showing most of the story. Unless I've missed something.
Well I think there are definitely scenes that people still have difficulty interpreting if we assume they have some truth to them.

For example in episode 3. Beatrice summons "Lucifer" and has her duel with Kanon. This is impossible to interpret as a real scene unless we assume more than 4 people were in Kinzo's room or that Kanon was literally having a fight and a conversation a with paper weight. There are also the barriers and swords that we have to find representations for. How do I interpret this? Is Krauss as the oldest sibling getting in a gun fight with Kanon? I don't even want to think about the implications that could bring. It's just easier to claim it never happened like Battler does with the magic fight that happens later.

I don't consider the intros to the games as fantasy scenes because they set up the plot for the game. I don't even deny that Beatrice was talking to Shannon because her existing before the two days in october doesn't affect the fact that she doesn't exist during those two days.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote