View Single Post
Old 2009-03-15, 18:55   Link #3
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Well the Taito Type X^2 is basically a PC running some kind of cut down Windows XP version. A "port" in that sense doesn't involve large sums of costs at all. So if capcom or other developers, who are using Taito boards, wants to make a bit more revenue, doing a port to PC is a possibility.
If rumours are true, Sega's new board will be also based on standard PC parts and using a newer Microsoft Windows OS.
Arcade to PC ports, why not, question is do PC gamers like arcade style games at all. Obviously times has changed, but when i was still in school, most PC gamers i knew, always prefered text adventures, point and click adventure, strategy game, FPS and only 3rd person shooter that involves character with big boobs.
I was thinking that too...i enjoy text adventures and point and click games as well, but if you go back to the old commodores and old pcs from the 80's the arcade ports were the most popular. What I noticed hurting the PC ports of arcade games in that past was that they were extremely buggy and the developers didn't take time to actually make the game for PC use, which cause most people I think to move away from the PC market when it came to those ports. Indeed I find that developers still making that very mistake...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote