View Single Post
Old 2008-10-23, 19:21   Link #17
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
If you desire to keep the fic Japan-centered, people have been enjoying GuitarFreaks and DrumFreaks in Japanese arcades since 1998. Konami must cry themselves to sleep now with Harmonix and Red Octane making so much money off the consoles.
No worries, I researched all of it before posting it. It turns out that Japan does sell the Guitar Hero series so it's possibility isn't completely gone. There's also the modification of systems for legion-locked games, which isn't too uncommon. I did look into the history though of Konami would GuitarFreaks and DrumMania. It's pretty interesting how things are. In fact, Konami took a swing at things and tried to release something similar to Rock Band for the states. The result...not too great.

But I've also updated my own story. One more chapter to go. @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
That opens up for lots of funny, actually. Now we can explore why Konata: a) came to Earth, b) decided to become an otaku, and c) absolutely doesn't care what people think of her. Seriously, I wouldn't mind thinking people as weird as that to be aliens.
I wouldn't mind that either, as long as it doesn't get too scientific on us. I can imagine Konata being really blunt about the subject like. "Do you know how BORING it is flying around in a saucer all day?!" Plus, that could contribute to why she loves Haruhi Suzumiya because Yuki is an alien and we all know how awesome she is.