View Single Post
Old 2009-03-29, 15:38   Link #31
agila61

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kh- View Post
Awesome episode. It was a great closure for the season. And it just let me wishing for more and more.

I might have missed it before, but should we expect a fifth season based on YumiXTouko, and of course Touko-Noriko-Nana?

Because I don't want Maria-sama to end just yet, and I want more story development on the above mentioned girls.
Yes, it was an excellent finale ... the Journey theme worked quite well, not only for the episode but for Season 4 as a whole, and the episode ending fit the theme perfectly. In my far from expert opinion, the creators nailed this one ... story adaptation, animation, voice acting, the works.

And as to whether we should expect a fifth season ... well, anime is a business. If the television ratings (or Pizza Hut Japan sales) justify it, then yes, if not, then if the DVD sales of Season 4 justify it, maybe an OVA like the "Summer" 3rd (sic) season.

After all, Season 3 was not an OVA for any artistic reason ("we thought that 50 minute episodes made an excellent fit to the "Summer" sequence of novels" blah blah blah) ... but because season 2 television ratings were disappointing, but DVD sales OK.

(Speculating on what the content of that would be, of course, goes beyond the limits of the ep 13 discussion forum ... saying that there should be more Camera-chan is not a spoiler, just a wish)