View Single Post
Old 2006-03-22, 09:32   Link #24
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succubus Evaligan
The trailer of Simoun
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d4gcw9sjHn0&search=Simoun%20
Yuri Hime is a magazine aimed at females.

For me... while it anime does not have fanservice without sense like Koi Koi 7 (big boobs, nudity without sense, and girl's kissing without no reason), is targeted for females or for both genders.
Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ is a cute love history. If we forget the perverted father of Hazumu.... that's anime is for girls... but the father of Hazumu fanservice is more targeted for boys. I think that Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ is for both genders.
In my country Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ is more accepted by females. Many males can't accept that Hazumu have more girlfriends as girl... of that it had like boy. Also some males that see this anime want see that Hazumu at the end return as boy again. I hope that Hazume never become a boy again.

In my country many girls like me want see Strawberry Panic and Simoun. Can I ask... why in USA the yuri is most accepted by males than females? In my country the yuri is more accepted by females. Also not all girls that like yuri in my country are lesbian or bisexual, many females that like yuri are straight.

I really want see Simoun
I think you may be right about the origin of Simoun being magazine targeted at girls, but I the origin of Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ is magazine targeted at boys.

It's like this...you female...you're supposed to like yaoi. If you're male, you're supposed to like yuri. Basically, you like to see the opposite gender making out with each other. That's just my take on it.

But I'm not American. So, I dunno

But really, literate people these days should be able to see themselves in a narrative proxy, regardless of its gender, as long as the character shares some traits or behaviors and attitudes with the viewer. I personally prefer female narrative proxies as the stories surrounding such characters tend to be more natural. The yuri / shoujo-ai tendencies just helps to cram more females into the story so that's very good.

Last edited by DaFool; 2006-03-22 at 09:45.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote