Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-05, 02:18   Link #413
Theo

I'm...not really feeling it, guys. I guess I'll give it some more chances, but right now it seems like PANDER PANDER PANDER. A fucking hugpillow, really?

-I'd like to see how the demon soldiers look and why the humans call them "demons" if they look absurdly like humans, unless the queen is an exception (golly gee!)

-Unless I'm mistaken, they kind of dance around the issue of why the demon attacks started in the first place. Was it in retaliation to human raids? Was it justified? Info please. How about some actual brutal scenes of the war instead of MC talking? Show, Dont Tell.

-I imagine another studio making it: where the hero never lets his guard down even as he accepts the deal. As he leaves, he's thinking up contingency plans if she breaks her word and leaves his hand around his sword at all times. He's disgusted at the fact that he even touched her and despises his body for reacting. No, he's not a prude, but he considers demons less than dirt after fighting them all this time. The sexual tension isn't full-blown but very subtle, with her eyeing him and leaving her hand on him longer than intended.

She seems way too open and trusting here, so they DON'T physically get close at all until the very end with a fleeting handshake.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote