View Single Post
Old 2012-03-26, 10:43   Link #1851
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
High School of the Dead, Green Green, Freezing, Golden Boy, Angel Beats, B Gata H Kei, Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun, Hand Maid Mai, Hanaukyo Maid Tai(both versions), and probably another 50 I could dig up through other hard drives and DVD's. Notice I didn't really picky any series longer than 13 episodes on my list. Also, most of the ones I listed, still had room for more series if they so chose to follow the original source materials.

And the male leads weren't bad like Issei.

Been watching anime for well over 25 years now... I have seen considerably better and more enjoyable male leads.

I'm only really in this series for Ms. Redhead.
purely my opinion,

for sure I've seen gazillions better male leads, but often not in this much fan service packed harem anime, usually it's always a wimp or loser getting whole bunch of girls

The Point is of course he could be better, but when compared him to upcoming Haruyuki from Accel World, I'd rather have Issei as MC.

but the females cast are awesome in this series no tsundere, no osana jimi not to mention the seiyuus.

if we are talking about the ending

High School of the Dead - ending was lack of tension and very open
Freezing - same as above
Golden Boy - I can't stand MC, he is simply disgusting.
Angel Beats - different genre, ending was rushed and strange I mean Kanade developed her feeling like in 1-2 last eps, and the whole stuff with the "heart" didn't make any sense.
B Gata H Kei - not even a harem anime, Yamada was awesome but the male lead is a wimp.

Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun
Hand Maid Mai
Hanaukyo Maid Tai
^I got your point, but if you compare to much older series which mean we lack of decent MC in newer series, right??

I've been watching anime since LoGH, Macross SDF, MSG.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote