View Single Post
Old 2009-11-13, 14:31   Link #3194
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
My only problem with Kanon is that Beatrice always seems defensively deflective when he gets brought up as the culprit. Kind of like a "no, no, it wasn't him, it was ME! ME! Why can't you figure it out?" kind of thing, at least to me.

True, she might also be defensive because he's getting close to the answer, but for some reason it doesn't really seem like that (especially with her more recent pleading behavior).
Well, part of the problem with "Oh it was Kanon after all!" is that Kanon is one of the 18 people that Battler can feel the least bad about accusing. After all, he barely knows the guy. That seems... cheap to me. Part of the pain of what Battler is realizing is that he has to suspect someone on the island, and making it the sullen servant who hasn't really been around very long isn't that different from blaming it on Person X.

And yet... it seems very clear that Kanon survived in ep1, possibly even to the end. If that's true, what was he doing? Why did he fake his death, if he did? If he didn't, why was his survival kept secret? Did he tell Nanjo and Jessica something important that made them lie to protect him? Was he so badly hurt (if he was hurt at all) that they pretended he was dead to throw the killer(s) off? What's his deal?

Add up the suspicious disappearances in other episodes and he gets very curious, yet his behavior is not necessarily consistent with a murderer. After all, he became a prime suspect in Jessica's death when he disappeared. Why would you want people to think you're the killer?
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote