View Single Post
Old 2010-05-28, 20:45   Link #35
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
If they see older women dress up like prostitutes, sluts, whores, whatever you want to call them -- then they would think it is either alright, fine, cool, or so on. People are effected by the screens before them -- not just television screens but computer screens as well.
I don't really like the association and implications here. Why shouldn't it be perfectly all right for a grown woman to dress the way she wants to? And what consitutes as "whorish", anyway? A short skirt? A bit of make-up?

I think I understand part of what you mean, but I'm not sure about the rest. Yes, I agree children shouldn't be led to do anything that might affect them negatively later on. However, if they think a grown woman dressing in short skirts (or whatever else) is as normal as a grown woman dressing casually, I don't see the problem. They shouldn't feel the need to emulate the behaviour, but if they grow up and decide that short skirts are pretty, why shouldn't they wear them without shame?