View Single Post
Old 2012-01-13, 16:37   Link #445
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Quality over quantity I say.
Agreed completely. Bigger not always means better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I think the Nanoha movie proved that thew only reason StrikerS is the msot popular of the three seasons, is because it was the franchises most recent installment. The Nanoha movie sales were better than any season and it was a remake of the season which did the worst.
An interesting point of view, personally while A's is my undeniable favourite i grow to like Season One as my second favourite after a re-watch. The MOVIE 1st reminded me about the stuff they cut and so i decided to rewatch the series and i find it pretty funny, even the first chapters have it's own peculiar charm(aside of the shamefull fanservice, darn you 7 arcs xDU) and i would liked to see the side characters fleshed out more(seems that a lot of things happened between Nanoha's brothers as also with Arisa and Suzuka's respective families and employees). Stuill i liked the path the series took after Fate entered the scene and the fact that in the Original Series Nanoha do have some troubles with friends and family about her abscense during her magical girl activities. That's why i think the MOVIE 1st and Season One can be complementary to each other.

As for the sales, StrikerS got it a lot easier because it had the support of two previous Seasons that opened the path and make "Nanoha" a recognized franchise(everybody hated Spider-man 3 despite how well it did in ticket sales). Season One started with obscure support from the Toraha series whila A's had to convince a dubitative audience with mixed opinions about S1, and it did an excellent job at it xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote