View Single Post
Old 2014-02-10, 03:23   Link #100
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

I have to say, if this is the event you get for failing to stop the king's crowning........ I would never want to prevent it, ever. At least back when it was still a game, the consequences of it post-apocalypse are too high though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Encircling a larger army seems pretty pointless. You'll be spread so thin that it is difficult to maintain the encirclement. Aren't there like thousands of goblins compared to, what, a hundred or so adventurers? Sun Tzu was quoted in the Art of War, "If you outnumber your enemy 10 to 1, surround them".

No, the basic military tactic should be to attack from 3 sides, allow the enemy to flee into the direction you want, then pursue and destroy the fleeing goblins when they have lost all discipline and cohesiveness. In ancient warfare between Greek armies, 10-15% of casualties came from the fighting. The vast majority came from panicked men cut down while trying to flee.

Even if some goblins got away, the only thing they would be destroying is the wilderness nobody owns. Would they even have time to trash up the place when they are fleeing for their lives?
This would be true in real life Human vs Human warfare, but as people have pointed out, the encircling strategy works here because one decently level'ed adventurer can hold off and/or kill multiple goblins on their own, and the lvl 90 expert venturers can probably kill chunks of the goblin army themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
That raid boss requires 24 man of level 80 to defeat? But it looked like Krusty downed it in a single blow though... Is the difference between levels really that huge?
Might depend actually, is it a level 80 Raid class boss, or level 80 Raid class monster? I don't know what the level growth is like in ET, I've never read the novels, but depending on whether your growth scales linear or exponential, then yes, I've played games where having 10 levels on a boss makes him a pushover.