View Single Post
Old 2007-12-23, 07:25   Link #82
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Send a message via AIM to Sirth Send a message via MSN to Sirth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
why is it always the same 20 people doing English dubs (they must have one kick ass union)
I kinda wish they could introduce some new names or use real actors. oh well i can still dream
You... DO realize anime is a niche, right? Or the companies' standards are too high. Pretty much, there really are not that many people willing to dub. No offense to them, but I could think of it as washed-out actors people forgot about that still found a way to make money. They may also be fans, or are mainly animation voice actors in a live-action culture. The reason you see repeated roles is because there is not enough of a pool to veer from it.
Despite the size of our little anime community, it's still a niche. This may also be transferred to the people willing to act for them as well.
The companies can only make so much money since it's a rather small community among the English-speaking world. Real actors (I'm guessing, what, Patrick Stewart here? Or maybe Samuel Jackson, if we take Afro Samurai into account.) would also be much more expensive.

Being new, I must ask: Do dub threads tend to veer from the actual dub a lot, usually going into justifying the meer existence of it? I mean, I can't say too much since I've never seen Code Geass. We need another trailer or something.
Sirth is offline   Reply With Quote