View Single Post
Old 2010-06-26, 05:15   Link #11688
Leafsnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by delita-umw- View Post
If I'm interpreting your statement correctly as Knox's 8th is essentially useless for the purposes of disproving a theory, I disagree with your assessment Smeckledorf. Knox's 8th states that "It is forbidden for the case to be resolved with clues that are not presented." Now, of course we run into the issue of whether or not Umineko is a mystery that follows the decalogue, but since it's been stated both in red that the mystery is solvable from Beato's perspective and 07's made it so that the story can be solved within the first 4 novels, I'm gonna work under the assumption that it applies (of course barring that 07 has some ridiculously twisted logic about what is "solvable).
If we believe that the mystery can be solved with the clues available to us, to borrow your own exaggerated example, I can pretty clearly state that any theory involving Abraham Lincoln traveling in time to kill everyone on Rokkenjima is false because there is no clue that would reasonably lead to that conclusion. That is essentially disproving a theory no?
How can you deny Lincolntrice so casually??
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote