View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 18:59   Link #31084
qno2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiblue1
I've hard time thinking Shannon tried to cover up for Kyrie.

First because it would change her motive for writing the tales which should have been trying to have HER mystery solved by someone and HER heart reached or make it not the sole motive.

Second, it failed spectacularily as the rumors about the Rokkenjima incident not being an incident and the interest of the witch hunters for it were caused by her messages in the bottles. Before it seems people was more prone to accept the police's theory it was an incident. In short she raised more suspicions instead than decreasing them.
Don't believe into it myself but it's an interesting theory.

Though I'm more talking about Meta-Beato (depending on how you look at that matter = Itsuko/post-1986-Yasu) covering up than Author-Yasu. From the illusion of the witch to Shkanon basically. Doesn't mean that this line of thought can ignore the first two episodes though, since we received the red from Meta-Beato, not the author.
The original author would still keep her original intent.

Yup, didn't really express myself well in my last post, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiblue1
Second, it failed spectacularily as the rumors about the Rokkenjima incident not being an incident and the interest of the witch hunters for it were caused by her messages in the bottles. Before it seems people was more prone to accept the police's theory it was an incident. In short she raised more suspicions instead than decreasing them.
Wouldn't really speak against the Witch/Shkanon hiding the truth from Battler and Ange actually, since all the speculation still spoke about the "Witch Serial Murder", not "White-Haired Demon Murder".

Personally I never saw a point in author-Yasu throwing out her stories anyway, regardless of whether she planned a murder game, an actual mass murder (actually, there it could have a purpose: "to keep them alive for all eternity in stories" ... yeah) or nothing at all, so I generally don't believe they served any real purpose - it was an emotional act. "Ah, just like in 'And then there were none'. Maybe someone will someday find them and discover my twisted and confused heart. Tell me, dear reader I will never know, what path should I take? I will be too late however. So please, just understand me." Which would imply that the whole incident wasn't really anything she planned, all just a weird accident and coincidence as it tends to happen in stories.
If she wants to be understood, why did she try everything in her might to hide herself? Good question, Dlanor's little speech at the end of Our Confessions might relate to it (about how Beatrice claims that "if only 1 in a 1000 can understand me that is enough").

BUUUT I think you folks probably discussed the original author extensively so let's not start this anew, let's force the "Prime-Kyrie-culprit with Meta-Beato covering her for the sake of both Battler and Ange" Theory into the story!
qno2 is offline   Reply With Quote