View Single Post
Old 2013-05-13, 05:35   Link #1150
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I am indeed fond of Guardian GS's jump. Though sometimes it targets an enemy and I end up flying backwards. :S

Currently doing a generic 0/10/30/30/0 AH/2 hand mastery build with GS/Staff. Damage output could be better but I can usually hold most mobs down. Soldier runes are great for removing conditions, but maybe I don't need that much condition removal outside of WvW.
I also like it because the GS charge does a small AOE blind as well.

I use two builds: The first is a 0/10/10/30/20 build for dungeon DPS. It's a really weird hybrid that combines what are, in my opinion, some of the best defensive traits that the Guardian offers combined with a few useful offensive ones. The second is one for world event roaming, a 0/10/0/30/30 build that allows me to spam my virtues with more impunity, while gaining better bonuses from them whether they're up or down. I find myself using the second one more often however, because I love the virtue-improving traits. I think they're great.

Both builds I use GS/Hammer. I freaking love the hammer for its control and defensive abilities, and the GS is arguably the best GS assortment of abilities in the game. IMO it outclasses the Ranger's, Warrior's (though I do like 100b), and Mesmer's GS in terms of overall balance and versatility.

I have no real complaints about the Guardian's GS... which is probably the only weapon I DON'T have something to bitch about, lol.

In fact, my only complaint about the Guardian's hammer is that the combo string's last move (Symbol of Protection) takes an excruciatingly long time to execute (1 1/4 seconds). That doesn't sound long on paper, but when you're in melee range of something that's huge and smacking you in the face, that cast time of just over a second sometimes seems like an eternity. >_<