View Single Post
Old 2012-02-29, 03:24   Link #127
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
That's the obvious answer. I want to know why Naruto is still popular despite having an equally ridiculous plot, and just as many filler seasons as Bleach (or maybe more...I've lost count on the total amount of episodes for all of Naruto.)

Don't get me wrong, I think Bleach should have ended after the fall of Aizen with Ichigo staying a human. These remaining arcs will be more of Kubo's inability to sacrifice anything - including characters or their hold on power. Maybe Bleach is far too transparent when it comes to trying to milk a series and that's why it's being taken off the air. Naruto just seems to be better at milking while still looking relevant to it's fans.
IMO it seems like naruto is still on its way to a conclusion. We still have the naruto/sasuke situation and its getting closer and closer to what feels like a conclusion. Once their situation and madara's situation is settled I expect naruto to end.

With bleach the entire series led up to the fight with aizen, and since that has been settled all we are left with is a vague statement about the soul king and some idea that aizen did all he did in an effort to go against said king. It just seems like a completely new scenario and the way the fight between ichi/aizen ended seemed like a good end to the series. Though personally I would love to see what this soul king is and what uruhara knows about it.