View Single Post
Old 2012-01-12, 19:02   Link #27004
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toku View Post
I really just don't think she could have written those stories that fast, if she did in fact write them afterwards.
She doesn't even need to write them fast if the "discovery" of the one message bottle picked up by the authorities in the few days after the incident is itself a ruse. After all, it was not made public until after the other message bottle was "found" by some fisherman years later.

Also, using some kind of deceptive trick to make it look like they were written pre-incident, such as getting some critical person to lie, is right up Beatrice's alley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
~~~~~~~
It's not that coincidence is impossible, it's just stupid. Stupid in a "small bombs" kind of way. Forget about those silly small bombs; although they are technically a possible answer, the better answer is clearly that the chapel was never locked in the first place (i.e. the stories weren't even written pre-incident in the first place).

And let me add the issue of motive. To write beforehand basically supposes that Yasu's the culprit, because the only way her messages-in-bottles are meaningful is if the island actually blows up and generates a cat box, and apparently the only way that could happen is if she did it herself or allowed it to happen. And if not, then we have another ridiculous coincidence when Yasu predicts that the island would meet its end at 24:00 Oct. 5, 1986. And if she wrote pre-incident she's not even writing to cover for someone, because she doesn't even know there will be a crime yet (unless she does know that someone is up to something and for some inexplicable reason does nothing to stop them).

Pre-incident writing just doesn't make sense.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote