View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 16:15   Link #314
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It was stated by Konan that Nagato will die if he uses the revival jutsu with the low chakra he had at that point. She also stated that the rinnegan gives him power over life and death, so that means revival of people recently died should not cost him his life, only an amount of chakra. But the requirement there was that he can revive only those who recently died. Obito is in a different position, Madara died a long ago, so it seems that to revive him Obito would have to give up his life. We also don't know if the Uzumaki bloodline gives more power to those eyes, but it can't be a coincidence that Madara chose an Uzumaki.
Yet I interpertp that as more proof that Nagato was basically spent. Nothing that I have read says that recently dead people can be revived via without the user sacrificing himself. Konan's statement simply states he could raise the dead, you are inferring no sacrifice is needed. Where are you coming up with this conclusion?

Quote:
They could have, Naruto was already very tired at that point. A short time later we saw him collapsing and Kakashi had to take him back to Konoha. As opposed to that Konan had her full power and Nagato's power was not weakened by remote control power attenuation. He was low on chakra but he still had a considerable amount since he could revive masses of people in a remote location. Imagine if he summoned the Gedo Mazo and went on it's head then used it to crush Naruto and the remains of Konoha. Or he could have sucked out Naruto's soul if he gave up on capturing him.
Naruto might have been tired but he had plenty of gas left in the tank. At one point he had both Kurama's charkra while in sage mode. Konan might have been at full power but against Naruto I highly doubt it would have mattered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I don't think she has. Hinata has a role in this story yes, and that's more than Sakura can boast which is a testament to the sad state of her character but save from this small niche Hinata is really not that important in the story.
I mention Hinata because Sakura could have gotten the same treatment; not fight but still be important. And I would say Hinata is rather important, Naruto even said so himself: "Because you were by my side this whole time"

You can argue how much this subplot matters to YOU, but it is pretty clear Kishi wants it to matter.

Quote:
Which is pretty much what I said when you come down to it.
Why did she start strong? Because of her fight. Why did she wither after that? Because she did nothing afterward.
No, she not only didn't fight, she does nothing AND hinders our protaganist. In fact the latter is the real reason many dislike her characterization. Plenty of characters don't do much but their characters are not nearly as maligned.

I think when it comes down to it, we both feel Sakura is a wasted opportunity on Kishi's part. We just disagree on why and how to fix it.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-01-09 at 16:41. Reason: double post...
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote