View Single Post
Old 2013-03-01, 09:54   Link #12451
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
That's all well and good but in the same chapter it was stated as platonic love. Hence why I called you delusional. There's no two ways you can spin seeing someone as your little brother, as that automatically disqualifies them as a potential love interest especially when stated to thier face. Those love connotations were platonic much like how Zenkichi confessed to Shiranui, or how he wanted to he Emukae's miso soup etc.

The author could not have made that more obvious. You would have had the smallest of chances had she not said that but she made clear the nature of her platonic love for him. Also the happiness thing she's said to Zenkichi several times, even before the confession and she loves all humans. Medaka pretty much rejected Kumagawa in this chapter, so while you may not consider this a Medaka x Zenkichi end it's even less a Kumagawa x Medaka end.

Medaka she's Zenkichi as her fiance and future husband, she see's kumagawa as her little brother, tell me who would you say she has more romantic feelings for.
Didn't I say earlier that there's no reason platonic feelings have to be mutually exclusive to romantic ones? There is no fundamental distinction between "love" and "friendship" in the first place. Regardless of thinking of Kumagawa as a 'little brother', it remains completely possible for either Medaka or Ajimu to be romantically involved with him.

Medaka might've agreed when Zenkichi proposed to her, but she also said she'd be perfectly willing to marry Kumagawa. Are you going to claim that Medaka's attitude towards Kumagawa somehow changed since then? There's no way to paint "I'd marry you" platonically. Acting as if the way Ajimu or Medaka called Kumagawa a 'little brother' ever meant anything has always been completely meaningless.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote