Thread: Higurashi Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2006-05-16, 12:32   Link #25
kinshin

Hi, I'm glad I read the forums else I'll be watching the show in a totally DIFFERENT direction!!!

I have some doubts which I hope some kind soul will help to clarify cos I am really confused now.

Initally, I thought that the purpose of the different arcs was to explain what happened in the first arcs\ but it seems like the arcs actually portray different realities in a parallel world at the same time?

1) If so, how could some of the events which happened in the second arc explain some of the events in the first arc?
For eg. some people said that the reason that Mion knew K1 was talking Oishi (in the first arc) was because she actually disguised as Shion and happened to be in the same restaurant that K1 and Oishi went to for lunch. (second arc)
-> But if the second arc does not happen in the same world as the first arc, how could the above arguement be held true?

2) Also what is the role of us viewers when we view thru the different arcs. Eg. intially I thought that the different arcs happen in the same world and we are supposed to piece the story of different timeframe to get the full story (similar to boogiepop phantom anime), but if the different arc portarys different reality, how should we go about watching it?

I know this questions are really fundamental but I do hope someone could give me a clearer explanation so that I am able to view this anime in the right direction =)

This anime rockS! Thanks!
kinshin is offline   Reply With Quote